These rules are subject to change at any time without any prior notification.
- If it is against the law, it is not permitted.
- Good Personal Hygiene is a must.
- Volunteering is based on a first come, first serve basis.
- If you do not want to be on the staff you’re placed on, you may submit one change request, if that request is denied, you will remain on your original staff.
- If your desired staff choices as already full, you may be placed somewhere else to fill in gaps. If you have any complaint about this, refer to rule #4.
- All Volunteer Forms must be submitted via our online form.
- Please be truthful about your age. You will be asked to present a photo ID on site at check in when you pick up your badge.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of Age or older.
- Volunteers are expected to volunteer for 12 hours to receive a membership badge. 20 hours are required for any volunteer wanting crash space.
- If you are accepted for volunteering, crash space is not guaranteed.
- Crash Space is assigned based on space available, with volunteers from outside of the Austin Area receiving precedence.
- Additionally, waiver must be signed upon check in for all volunteers(and may include additional clauses if a volunteer is staying in crash space).
- Crash space will cost a $20.00 deposit! It will be returned after the volunteer has completed their assigned shifts.
- All volunteers must follow the same rules as the con members. Which includes but is not limited to:
- No trading badges.
- No skipping lines to Concerts, Dealer’s Room, and other Events.
- You will be responsible for any damage to the hotel and/or convention property.
- No Volunteer will consume, transport, or carry Alcoholic beverages of any kind while working, in convention areas or crash space, or if under the age of 21.
- Volunteers must be sober when reporting for assigned hours
- Volunteers are expected to show up on time to their assigned duty locations.
- If a volunteer misses a shift or behaves poorly, the Staff Head over the volunteer or any Director, or the Vice Chairman, or the Chairman may revoke the volunteer’s badge and any other benefits the volunteer may be receiving.
- The Green Room is for Guest use only. Only on-duty Guest Relations/Green Room volunteers, the Convention Chairmen, Vice-Chairman, Executive Director, Programming Director, and the Guest Relations Department Heads will be allowed admittance.
- Anime Overload provides its Volunteers with a Staff Suite. Volunteers not on duty may go to the Staff Suite to relax, socialize with other volunteers, and eat snacks provided. However, the Staff Suite staff may refuse to serve or allow anyone in for any reason.
Make sure you understand and are willing to follow all the rules before volunteering.